Pages

Search This Blog

4.7.18

INTERIORS: NURSERY INSPIRATION


HI! Hello there.

What a fabulous time away we have had! It was so bloody lovely to get away for a few days and enjoy the glorious sunshine and some family time away from the city (let me know if you would like to see a post on travelling with a baby).

I am back and back with some exciting news - WE ARE FINALLY MOVING!!  *lots of interiors posts alert. 
I can't express how excited I am as we have outgrown our current 2 bed terrace - believe it or not but babies require A LOT of things and space.
Renting can be hard but we have discussed our options and have decided that we are not ready to step onto the property ladder just yet and would like to explore Manchester before we commit to settling in one area.

Anyway, the house move has inspired me to share some nursery inspiration as I cannot wait to finally have a finished space for Hendrix. Although he has his own room in the current property, it was never finished and I have to admit I gave up in the end as I knew we would be looking to move in the summer. H's nursery will be one of my priority rooms and I honestly cannot wait to get started on it.

For a long while I was really into very minimal decor and found myself looking at very grey, white and calm nursery spaces however, Hendrix is now 6 months old and enjoys exploring different colours and textures so I want his space to be full of both. It also gives me the perfect opportunity to go out of my comfort zone, explore different textures and just have fun decorating!

That't it, let's get onto the inspiration.


1 / 2

I love this book shelves idea, you can get them from IKEA at a very affordable price. This solution makes it easy to switch them up and acts as decor. You could also use the picture ledges for prints and bits and bobs to add character. 


photo source - TANYESHA (in love with the entire blog)

I know that not everyone will be a fan but I personally love the stuffed animal head decor pieces as they are a fun way to add character to a room especially in a rented property. 





1 / 2

Renting is restricting as there is only so much that you can do to a property depending on your landlord. Painting furniture in bold colours is a great option to add depth and colour to a room. 


1 / 2

I love the simplicity of this circular shelf, I will be doing a DIY on this in the upcoming months for a fraction of the price so look out for the post guys! Also, bunting is a great way to add fun to a room and I guarantee that your baby will love it. 


I could make this post super long as I tend to get carried away when it comes to interiors especially for children. 

I hope you have enjoyed the post and hopefully I have managed to leave you feeling inspired. I will be sharing some DIY projects in the upcoming weeks so please make sure you check back.

Thank you for reading.

Love, A x

No comments:

Post a Comment