Pages

Search This Blog

18.12.18

WROCLAW CITY GUIDE



Well, what do we have here? I will tell you what, it's finally time for my guide to Wroclaw! It has only taken me two months to actually post it but I didn't want to miss out on sharing this little gem of  trip with ya'll.

After a super hectic nine months of day to day life with a little human, we were desperate for a break. And although, I dreamed of a sunny Greece holiday, I knew that with Hendrix still being quite young, it just wasn't going to work for us. It is fair to say that the trip was somewhat spontaneous (a large Merlot certainly influenced this) and a little thought went into the trip as I booked the flights after browsing the Ryanair website for about 25 minutes. And although I've spent the majority of my life living in Poland, I've never been to Wroclaw so it made perfect sense to visit.



WHAT TO SEE 

There is so much to see; Wroclaw is basically architecture heaven and everything is pretty compact and walkable. We spent four days in the city and didn't cover half of what we wanted to see (this may have something to do with travelling with a baby). The Market Square is a must, we covered it on day one of our visit and oh my god is it beautiful! Full of colour, character and class.
I would also totally recommend having a stroll around the University of Wroclaw and the entire university quarters surrounded by charm-filled streets; the University building is gorgeous and dates back to 1945. It has since produced 9 Novel Prize winners and prides itself in scientific research. Imagine studying there?

There are plenty of museums that are worth a visit too - Musuem of Architecture, Wroclaw University Museum, and many many more depending on what you're into of course.Wroclaw is just a beaut place to wonder around hence why we mostly chose to walk everywhere.







WHERE TO EAT

There are tons of instagram-able lunch spots that make the perfect break spot from a busy morning of exploring the city. Revel Toast  has a great urban vibe and the food is simply delicious. Nothing fancy - just a huge range of toasties and the portions are huge! We opted for pulled pork and pastrami and of course two polish beers; after all, the beer is a must.

I did a little research prior to our visit and was keen to visit many places but travelling with a baby is slightly different than travelling solo. Although we missed out on visiting some of our desired spots, it was so lovely to be able to explore with little H.

We did stop at Steak n Roll  - another cool lunch spot on Market Square. We opted for a traditional beef burger and a Reuben Sandwich which were both delicious! Oh, and the beer of course. The best part, the bill never came in at over £30. Living the dream right?

Bulka z Maslem was on my 'to visit' list after I stumbled across it on Instagram. The decor looks incredible and so does the food so if you ever get the chance to visit, I'd say go!





WHERE TO SHOP

To be honest we didn't do that much shopping however we did visit Wroclavia on day number three. It is by far the nicest shopping gallery I have ever been to and you could easily spend an entire day there. It was difficult to stop myself from wanting to buy everything home related but of course there was no way of me bringing it all back with me.


WHERE TO STAY

Lastly, let's chat accommodation.
As we were travelling with Hendrix, it made perfect sense to go for an Air B&B allowing us to have an entire place to ourselves.
We stayed at a New York loft inspired apartment not too far from the city centre. It was quite small but certainly had everything we needed. The price point was another plus as we paid around £30 per night.







And there we have it. My super quick guide to Wroclaw. Four days and a heck load of walking and eating. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed putting this together for you and although I wish I took more photos we had a wonderful trip.

A x


No comments:

Post a Comment