Pages

Search This Blog

7.6.18

MANCHESTER GUIDE: THE BLEND BY CHIVAS REGAL








Today I wanted to finally introduce you to what I hope will become a successful series of a mini Manchester Guide; it is something I've wanted to put together for a while now. Since moving to Manchester, I have fallen in love with the city more than ever; it has so much to offer so I thought I would share some of my picks so that this guide can become your go-to, should you ever visit the city.

So, the first gem that I would like to introduce you to is The Loft - home to a luxury whisky school. The blend was brought to Manchester by a luxury whisky brand Chivas Regal following a series of pop-ups around London. I hadn't heard of the Loft before and nervously booked the experience as a birthday surprise and I must admit I was pretty impressed!!





What to expect? The room looks like a classroom filled with rows of desks, where you get to learn all about the history and origins of single and malt whiskies. The art of blending costs just £15 and includes a complimentary Chivas cocktail (it is all about the Colony) which is pretty damn good. If that wasn't enough, you also get to take home your very own blended whisky.

I have to be honest and admit that I have never had much of an interest in whisky or the whisky world however, I found the experience informative and rather entertaining. The one hour session started off with a talk by a Chivas expert followed by guided tasting and a lesson on craftsmanship of master blending.

The blending - you are given five bottles of whiskies with flavours ranging from floral, citrus, fruity, creamy and smokey which can all go into your final blend in whatever proportions you like. Before playing around with measures and creating your unique blend you get the chance to sample each one while the expert explains the different flavour profiles and character notes.

















Lastly, I have to mention the amazing space and talk a little interiors. The Loft has a very industrial vibe and is filled with many 'on trend' pieces. I am a huge fan of the neutral colour palette, the choice of flooring and the gold accents. My favourite must be the scaffolding board shelving which although seems to make an appearance in every other entertaining space makes a great focal point. I also adore the retro gold shelving system. The use of furniture is very clever as it divides the entire space into multiple areas each serving their purpose. When can I move in?

Regardless of your existing knowledge of whisky, I would highly recommend The Blend at only £15 per person it is worth every penny.

And there we have gem number one; hope you've enjoyed.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment